HOW DO I RESERVE A CONFERENCE ROOM AT CIC?
If you’re standing in front of the conference room, you can click the “Use now” button on the touch screen in front of each room. If you’re booking in advance, simply go to 101.roomzilla.net and click the time slot for whichever room you’d like to reserve.
A couple of notes on using the system:
- CIC's room reservation system is accessible from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Please "check in" to your meeting when you arrive at the room by pressing the “check in” button on the Roomzilla iPad outside the room. If you fail to "check in" an email reminder will be sent to you 15 minutes after the meeting start time.
- If you finish using the room early, please press "End" on the screen to free up the room.
- The system will remind you of your meeting 1 hour before hand.
- Please cancel a reservation if you are not able to keep it.
- If a conference room shows as available (green screen marked "available until _____" when you come up to it, you may reserve the room. If the room is occupied by someone who has not made a reservation, you may knock lightly on the door and alert them that you have made a reservation.
If you find yourself using conference rooms extensively or requiring multiple all-day reservations (those exceeding 6 hours), please speak to the CIC team on your floor or to your RM about conference room options.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM ME WITH REGARD TO KEEPING CONFERENCE ROOMS CLEAN?
Conference rooms are a very important shared resource for the CIC community. Our conference rooms will be able to serve everyone's needs if everyone takes care to leave them in good condition for the next client's meeting.
Out of courtesy for others, please read carefully and keep in mind the following points:
- After your meeting is finished, please replace all chairs, tables and whiteboards in their original location.
- Erase your notes from the whiteboard and place the markers back in their case.
- Do not leave the internet and projector cables in the middle of the floor; please place them to the side or under a table.
- Upon departure, make sure to take all of your belongings.
- Dispose of any trash and wipe down the tables if needed. Please ensure that you do not leave food items (cans, boxes, etc.) lying in the conference room.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I PLAN TO USE A CONFERENCE ROOM BUT NEED THE ROOM CONFIGURED DIFFERENTLY?
Please let a CIC staff member know as soon as possible. We'd be happy to try to accommodate your request, and work with you to configure our spaces to best suit your needs.
WHAT IF I DON'T CHECK INTO MY RESERVATION, OR FIND A RESERVATION THAT IS NOT CHECKED INTO AND UNOCCUPIED?
If you reserve a room and do not end up needing it, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible! Conference rooms are a shared and valuable resource at CIC, and are in high demand. Please be considerate of others who may wish to use the space.
If you do not check in to the room within 30 minutes of the start of your reservation, CIC may cancel your reservation. For reservations longer than an hour, we will attempt to contact you first.
If you would like to use a room that has been reserved but is clearly not in use, check the start time. If at least 30 minutes have passed since the start of the reservation, you may contact the Concierge or your community team. In many cases, you may be able to take over the room.
If you would like to briefly use an unoccupied but reserved conference room, you may use the space temporarily as a guest with the understanding that you will vacate the conference room immediately upon the reserved party's arrival. In this case, please do not delete the existing reservation.
If you know the reservation holder well enough to address them personally, feel free to contact them directly (and politely!) to determine next steps.
CAN JUST ONE PERSON USE A CONFERENCE ROOM?
We ask that people not use conference rooms solo, in order to keep this shared resource available for everyone across the center. Conference rooms are for meetings with two people or more (a one-person phone call does not constitute a meeting), whereas phone booths may be used solo.
CIC has a substantially higher conference room-to-office ratio than traditional office suites companies. However, we would not be able to keep up with demand if we permitted single-person use.
There are a few exceptions (please use respectfully!):
- Off-peak hours (before 9 AM/after 5 PM or Saturday/Sunday) are acceptable times for single-person use.
- Handicapped clients may use conference rooms for private phone calls if no ADA compliant phone booths are available.
- You may use a conference room alone without making a reservation. By doing this, you cede priority to users who make a reservation for full meetings.
CAN I MAKE LONG RESERVATIONS?
We ask clients to keep all-day reservations (six hours or longer) to a minimum, and no more than four per year. This only applies to conference room usage within regular business hours (9–5pm), so off-hours usage isn't a problem, nor are conferences that take place on weekends.
If you find that you need more than four all-day reservations during business hours within a year, let your community team know! We are happy to accommodate more than four per year, but there is an added charge of $250/reservation which will be added as a one-time charge to your account.
CAN I USE CONFERENCE ROOMS AT OTHER CIC LOCATIONS?
Yes! We have CICs in downtown Boston, St. Louis, Miami, and Rotterdam (more coming soon, we hope!). Check out cic.us/rooms to get the conference room and phone booth booking website links for all CIC locations. You can use conference rooms at any CIC site just like you would here in Cambridge.
IS THERE A PLACE WHERE I CAN MAKE A PRIVATE PHONE CALL?
Sounds like you’re looking for a phone booth! We’ve got phone booths on almost every CIC floor. Here’s the link: 101phonebooths.roomzilla.net