HOW DO I RESERVE A CONFERENCE ROOM AT CIC?
If you’re standing in front of the conference room, you can click the “Use now” button on the touch screen in front of each room. If you’re booking in advance, simply go to ghg.roomzilla.net and click the time slot for whichever room you’d like to reserve.
A couple of notes on using the system:
- CIC's room reservation system is accessible from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- You are requested to enter a password when you use Roomzilla for the first time. You may leave the username empty, and enter ''innovatefixworld'' as the password to enter the system.
- Please "check in" to your meeting when you arrive at the room by pressing the “check in” button on the Roomzilla iPad outside the room. If you fail to "check in" an email reminder will be sent to you 15 minutes after the meeting start time.
- If you finish using the room early, please press "End" on the screen to free up the room.
- The system will remind you of your meeting 1 hour before hand.
- Please cancel a reservation if you are not able to keep it.
- If a conference room shows as available (green screen marked "available until _____" when you come up to it, you may reserve the room. If the room is occupied by someone who has not made a reservation, you may knock lightly on the door and alert them that you have made a reservation.
If you find yourself using conference rooms extensively or requiring multiple all-day reservations, please speak to the CIC team on your floor or to your RM about conference room options.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM ME WITH REGARD TO KEEPING CONFERENCE ROOMS CLEAN?
Conference rooms are a very important shared resource for the CIC community. Our conference rooms will be able to serve everyone's needs if everyone takes care to leave them in good condition for the next client's meeting.
Out of courtesy for others, please read carefully and keep in mind the following points:
- After your meeting is finished, please replace all chairs, tables and whiteboards in their original location.
- Erase your notes from the whiteboard and place the markers back in the marker box on the table.
- Upon departure, make sure to take all of your belongings.
- Dispose of any trash and wipe down the tables if needed. Please ensure that you do not leave food items (cans, boxes, etc.) lying in the conference room.
WHAT IF I DON'T CHECK INTO MY RESERVATION, OR FIND A RESERVATION THAT IS NOT CHECKED INTO AND UNOCCUPIED?
If you reserve a room and do not end up needing it, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible! Conference rooms are a shared and valuable resource at CIC, and are in high demand. Please be considerate of others who may wish to use the space.
If you do not check into the room within 30 minutes of the start of your reservation, CIC may cancel your reservation. For reservations longer than an hour, we will attempt to contact you first.
If you would like to use a room that has been reserved but is clearly not in use, check the start time. If at least 30 minutes have passed since the start of the reservation, you may contact your community team. In many cases, you may be able to take over the room.
If you would like to briefly use an unoccupied but reserved conference room, you may use the space temporarily as a guest with the understanding that you will vacate the conference room immediately upon the reserved party's arrival. In this case, please do not delete the existing reservation. If you know the reservation holder well enough to address them personally, feel free to contact them directly (and politely!) to determine next steps.
CAN I MAKE LONG RESERVATIONS?
We ask clients to keep all-day reservations (four hours or longer) to a minimum, and no more than four per year. This only applies to conference room usage within regular business hours (9–5pm), so off-hours usage isn't a problem, nor are conferences that take place on weekends.
If you find that you need more than four all-day reservations during business hours within a year, let your community team know! We are happy to accommodate more than four per year, but there is an added charge of $250/reservation which will be added as a one-time charge to your account.
CAN JUST ONE PERSON USE A CONFERENCE ROOM?
We ask that people not use conference rooms solo, in order to keep this shared resource available for everyone across the center. Conference rooms are for meetings with two people or more (e.g., a one-person phone call does not constitute a meeting).
IS THERE A PLACE WHERE I CAN MAKE A PRIVATE PHONE CALL?
Yes. There are phone booths in Beta Co-working space that are available to the community to use.
Both phone booths can be reserved using this website :
Please keep in mind that CIC does not permit the use of conference rooms as an 'expansion' of your office for the purpose of making phone calls (unless a handicapped client needed the space to make a private phone call).
Here are the instructions for using the video conference system:
- Turn on the TV by using LG remote. Turn on the ‘lifesize’ system by using lifesize remote or pushing the button ‘awake’ on the lifesize console.
If you are making the call, click ‘call’ button and use the keypad to dial the IP address of the party you are calling.
If you are receiving the call, provide your caller this IP: 220.127.116.11
If you wish to adjust the direction of the camera, please use the arrows on ‘move’ button or on the life-size remote.
In order to see your screen during the conversation, press the ‘view’ button on the console.
Keep in mind: To prevent spam calls, make sure that ‘do not disturb’ is active.
When you are done with your call, press the ‘sleep’ button and switch the TV off.
Questions? Email: email@example.com Thank you!
Note; Lifesize connects using an IP address. If you wish to use the system alternatively, you can check out BlueJeans. For questions, please always feel free to email your community team or swing by the welcome desk.