HOW DO I GET HELP WITH JUST ABOUT ANYTHING?
CIC has what we call “community teams”, which are basically your one-stop shop for support, to solve any issues you encounter, or to any questions you have while you are here. To get in contact with us, you can email the firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a private office or email@example.com if you are having a work space in our co-working area. You are also welcome to stop by the team in person!
Connect with our community
We're glad you want to be more involved with others at CIC! We launched a partnership with a platform called CIC Connect that will keep you informed about all the cool things going on around here, as well as giving you a place to bond with community members. As an onsite, you will automatically receive an invite to join. Are you joining as an offsite? Feel free to request access via firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESSING THE SPACE
WHAT ARE CIC’S HOURS?
CIC is a 24/7 facility. We know that entrepreneurs work more than most people, so you can be here all hours of the day (and night). Our community team will stock each kitchen with snacks and fill up the coffee machines throughout each week day.
HOW DO I GET ACCESS FOR A NEW EMPLOYEE?
Below you can find the list of things we need to know when a new employee joins you at the office. You can email this information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org! If you let us know you have a new employee coming ahead of time, we can make sure to have their key ready for the first day.
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile phone
- Start date (End date if known)
- Position / frequency of being in the office
CAN I REQUEST KEYS FOR PART-TIME EMPLOYEES OR GUESTS?
You can! CIC uses a two-tiered structure for giving access to employees and guests. Here's how it works. Employees and guests are designated either “Regular” or “Offsite”, and the differences are as follows:
|Conference Room Use||Can book rooms and host meetings||Shouldn't book rooms, but can attend meetings|
|Days at CIC||4+ days per month (no specific limit)||4 days per month or fewer (or up to 8 hours per week)|
|Philosphy||Works regularly out of CIC||Does not consider CIC their primary workspace|
Someone who spends a few days at CIC in a row (e.g., 3 or 4) but is then absent for several months will be classified as an offsite associate (e.g., he/she is based in London, but comes in once a quarter for a few days of meetings).
WHAT DO I DO IF MY KEY IS LOST OR STOPS WORKING?
Come to our desk or send an email to email@example.com if you have a private office or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are situated in a co-working space.
MAIL & PACKAGES
WHAT IS MY MAILING ADDRESS AT CIC?
- *Your company name*
- CIC Rotterdam
- Groot Handelsgebouw
- Stationsplein 45, 4.004
- 3013AK Rotterdam
Please note that it is important to add our floor and unit number to the CIC address for mail to get delivered correctly.
WHERE CAN I GET MY MAIL AND SEND LETTERS?
Each client here at CIC receives their own mail folder. Our community team picks up incoming mail daily from Monday - Friday.
You may find your mailfolder in our new mailroom, which is located around the corner from the welcome desk.
Larger packages are also stocked in the mailroom. You will receive a notification when a package has arrived for you.
Can't find your mail folder? Please walk by the welcome desk or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each week we add new folders.
HOW CAN I SHIP A PACKAGE FROM CIC?
Clients are responsible for paying for and printing their own shipping labels. You can drop off your post in the mail box on the ground floor outside of the building, back entrance / exit. If you need to send bigger package or buy shipping labels you can go to MultiCopy Rotterdam Centrum, at Kruisplein 23B, 3014 DB Rotterdam, which happens to be very close to our building!
CIC Rotterdam clients enjoy discounted shipping fees at UPS Netherlands! All you have to do is email our account manager Olaf Lowe at email@example.com and tell him you’re a CIC client. They will inform you on the discounted rates and have you set up in no time!
Olaf Lowe - Account Executive | UPS Business Development - E: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A GUEST ARRIVES FOR ME?
Please direct them to the 4th floor where we will receive your guests at the welcome desk. Our receptionist will contact you so you can pick your guests up.
Of course we are happy to let your guests into our Venture Cafe or co working space in the meantime.
SHOULD I LET CIC KNOW IF I'M EXPECTING A LARGE GROUP OF GUESTS?
We appreciate it if you let us know if you are expecting a large group of guests (more than 10). You can speak to any CIC staff member and we can assist you in planning for your group’s visit.
IS ALL THIS FOOD REALLY FREE?
You betchya. Enjoy our CIC perks!
We’ve got a unmetered supply of fresh fruit, chips, granola bars, soups, candy, juice, coffee, and are always looking for new products to add! We just ask that you eat the food here. If you’d like to bring in your own food, there is a private fridge in Beta Co-working space and two in the large kitchen. You'll find our DOT-system here, too. These are stickers you may use to label a product ''fresh''. Our community team will keep track of what is in the private fridges to ensure nothing goes bad.
We stock our kitchens multiple times a day, however we cannot guarantee all of our offerings throughout the day. Please always feel free to connect with your community team if you are missing your favourite snack. We're sure we can help you out!
HOW DO I MEET OTHER PEOPLE DOING COOL STUFF HERE AT CIC?...OR CONVERSELY, HOW DO I GET MY NAME OUT THERE TO SHOW OFF THE COOL STUFF I’M DOING?
There are so many awesome people doing awesome things here!
We believe that physical proximity to other entrepreneurs has a compounding effect on any one individual’s energy, problem solving abilities, and access to resources. That’s kind of why CIC exists in the first place.
There are plenty of ways to meet others:
- The Venture Cafe is a non profit organisation born out of the need to address this question. The weekly Venture Cafe event takes place every Thursday from 3pm - 8pm on the 4th floor. Currently, we see an average of 250 people attending each week, everyone from CIC clients to venture capitalists to volunteers to corporate sponsors to delegations from foreign countries to people outside of our network who have simply heard about what’s going on. It’s a great place to meet people and find out what others are working on. It’s where money, ideas, and talent are all in the same room. In addition, each visitor can order a maximum of 3 drinks at the Venture Cafe bar.
- All CIC clients will receive an invite to our Bonfyre group, feel free to start a conversation there. Bonfyre is a mobile app, that you can download for free. Once you have downloaded the app you can search for CIC Rotterdam community and join us by entering the password: ROTTERDAM. All CIC members will be able to see it and add to the thread. If you haven’t received the invite yet, contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CIC Rotterdam is quite active on social media. We have Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter channel! Follow us and be up to date with events, job posts and announcements! We will be happy to follow you back and help you share your important updates!
- Every few weeks, CIC Rotterdam sends out a community newsletter. We announce any important updates here, as well as introducing new perks, community drinks etc.
- The community team is always looking for new ways to facilitate new ways for clients to meet each other. Community lunches are an example of this. It's a casual event hosted by us and focusses on a different industry / expertise each time.
HOW DO I LEVERAGE CIC’S NETWORK IN MY HIRING/RECRUITING EFFORTS?
Some of the best recruiting connections are made through personal and professional networks. So talk to your neighbours in the kitchen, post on Bonfyre or write it on your Beta Space message board! We hope these resources are used so that people here can recommend friends or previous coworkers for open positions (we’re not down with recruiting employees away from your neighbours here at CIC)